Developed by German physician and chemist Samuel Hahnemann over 200 years ago. Homeopathy offers a compassionate, safe and gently holistic approach to healthcare.
Homeopathy is a branch of medicine based on the principle that a substance that causes a symptom in a healthy person will stimulate the healing energy, this energy is known as the”Vital Force”, in a person with those symptoms when the substance is given in the form of a homeopathic medicine.
An important key to Homeopathy is the gathering of information with all aspects of you as the client being of value. You are an individual with a totality of symptoms. The homeopathic prescription is matched to that totality taking into account your characteristic symptoms e.g food preferences, sleep, dreams, fears, fever, what makes you happy or sad.
- In Homeopathy, during an illness, the symptoms are seen as the body trying to correct an imbalance in the body’s energy or vital force.
- Homeopathy does not replace conventional medicine and in an emergency you must see your doctor.
- Homeopathic medicines are referred to as remedies.
- Homeopathic remedies are made from very tiny amounts of substances from plant, animal, mineral and biological extracts, in very dilute doses.
- Homeopathic remedies can safely be taken alongside conventional medicines.
- The remedies are produced in forms of pilules, tinctures, drops, creams, sprays.
- After taking a homeopathic remedy as prescribed by a qualified homeopath you should see an improvement of your symptoms. This may not be immediate.
- Homeopathic remedies are manufactured in strict accordance with the Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of The United States.
For more information or to review our appointment availability, please contact Balance Homeopathy.